Galway, a city rich in history beckons. Start your day at the Spanish Arch, followed by a walk through Kirwan's Lane and onto The Collegiate Church (where Columbus heard Mass). The Lynch Window and Nora Barnacles Home (James Joyce's wife) are nearby. Lynchs Castle is a short walk and the Browne Doorway graces Eyre Square.
Sunrise Lodge is also the perfect place from which to explore the west of Ireland and it's beautiful sites. Local attractions nearby:
- National University of Ireland Galway – 5 minutes
- Galway Business School – 200 metres
- Galway Lawn Tennis Club – 8 minutes
- Pearse Stadium – Gaelic football and hurling sports grounds – Within walking distance
- Galway Golf Club and Driving Range – 5 minutes
- Leisureland Holiday Complex and indoor swimming pool – 2 minutes
- Horse Riding Stables and Pony Trekking – 5 minutes
- Silver Strand beach and Barna Woods – 5 minutes
- Long sandy beaches, swimming pool and watersports nearby.
- Ideal base for touring Connemara, Aran Islands and Galway City.
- An Taibhdhearc Theatre
- Town Hall Theatre
- Renowned pubs and restaurants nearby
- Aran Islands - Inis Mór, Inin Meain & Inis Oírr located off the Galway Coast.
- Connemara including the seaside towns of Roundstone, Spiddal and Clifden.
- Kylemore Abbey – 18th Century Castle and Gardens located in the heart of Connemara.
- The Burren region and the Cliffs of Moher.
Galway Arts Festival
Lally Tours – Trips to Connemara & Burren Regions
O'Neachtains – Trips to Connemara & Burren Regions
Corrib River Boat Cruises
Aran Island Ferries